Thursday, May 23, 2013

Green Giant Veggie Chips



Green Giant is no longer just a brand that makes frozen veggies.  They now make chips too!!  I received the chance to try these new veggie chips.  The two flavors that I tried were Roasted Veggie Torilla Chips with Zesty Cheddar (these are like a healthier Doritos chip) and the Multigrain Sweet Potato Chip with Sea Salt (think of this like Sun Chips).  I really wanted to like since they are “healthier” than the other chip equivalents and I did at first, but then there was kind of a weird filmy after taste that I just couldn't get over.

Multigrain Sweet Potato Chip with Sea Salt:

I love that it is made with sea salt, that it has 40% less fat than regular potato chips, and 14 g of whole grains.  I thought that it was strange though that you couldn't taste sweet potato at all; it just tasted like a regular corn tortilla chip or closer to a Sun Chip.  This one left a filmy taste on the roof of my mouth after I had eaten about 3-4 chips.  The taste is good but I unfortunately couldn't get over the filminess.

Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips with Zesty Cheddar:

I love that this chip is made with vegetables and has 17g of whole grain.  However, it really didn't taste as good as I had hoped and in comparison to the very unhealthy Doritos chip it just doesn't compare.  Although, if I was to choose between the sweet potato and the roasted veggie from Green Giant, I would choose the roasted veggie.

Since I do not regularly eat chips and do so only on occasion, I think that unfortunately, I I am going to stick with my other brands.  So sad:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment