Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil



I was thrilled when I got the opportunity through BzzAgent to try and review the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  It is 100% natural, high in monounsaturated fats (the “good fats”), has no trans fat, and no cholesterol.  It came with a substitution chart for butter/margarine and says that you can substitute it in most recipes for a healthier alternative (You can find the substitution chart at filippoberio.com).  As I am not an olive oil connoisseur, and honestly tend to get my olive oils on sale and the cheapest that I can find, my review will be from a novice olive oil perspective. 

Although I do not buy the most expensive brands out there I do use olive oil several times a week in my cooking.  I appreciate that it is healthier than butter and margarine and contains the “good fats”.  I  began using olive oil a lot when my daughter was an infant and the doctors were concerned that she was underweight.  One of the things that we did was to put olive oil onto her food because it gave her the “good fats” without changing the flavor of the food she was eating.  We tried the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil on our steamed vegetables and using it for stir frying meat and veggies.  In both cases it turned out great!  It heated up nicely for the stir fry and didn’t give our steamed veggies a funny taste.  In the future I am looking forward to tying it for salad dressings and in marinades.  Thank you to BzzAgent and the  Filippo Berio company for allowing me to try this product for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment